Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 24 November 2013
Happiness vs Economic Growth: a free Economic Partnership event
The Economic Partnership is hosting a debate on how we ensure economic growth delivers happiness and doesn't become just growth for the sake of it.
Throughout the past five years British businesses have been too busy chasing economic survival to think about economic growth but now that the UK is emerging from its long torpor it is a good time to ask if growth in the economy should be delivering happiness rather than just . . . well, growth in the economy.
A debate started at the city’s Strategic Partnership before the summer has been picked up by one of its members – the Economic Partnership – which will be hosting a free debate in conjunction with the Argus newspaper at the Hilton Metropole Hotel on 3rd December from 5.00 p.m. to 8.00 [ish]
- 5.00 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. Arrival, networking & drinks
- 5.30 p.m. to 6.00 p.m. Presentations from Brighton's Director of Public Health, Dr. Tom Scanlon, and Tony Mernagh from the Economic Partnership.
- 6.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. Debate with contributions from the floor
- 7.00 p.m. to 7.15 p.m. Next steps
- 7.15p.m. to 8.15 p.m. Networking, drinks & canapés
The event is free and spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis. Click here to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership
Brighton & Hove Strategic Partnership