Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 10 October 2012
Internet Week Europe event
As part of Internet Europe Week, the European Commission is holding an event in London to provide practical advice and guidance to digital businesses looking to expand into the European Union and beyond.
A marketplace will give participants the chance to pick up literature and talk to advisors on a one-to-one basis and during the day there will be workshops highlighting some of the services available including:
- Getting your website right – with EURid talking about the value of a .eu domain,
- UK Information Commissioner's Office on legal requirements regarding privacy, cookies etc
- European Consumer Centre on the legislative framework in place to protect cross-border shoppers, many of whom will be buying online.
- Advice and problem solving - Enterprise Europe Network and Solvit presenting what they do and how they can help. Includes presentation of Your Europe site for businesses.
- Digital entrepreneur Nico Perez will address participants on why he sees a digital future for the European Union.
Also Neelie Kroes, Advisor to European Digital Agenda Commissioner, will explain his role in providing advice to make sure the EU is taking into account the needs of its digital businesses. “The EU’s single market of 500 million people opens up huge opportunities for the UK’s digital businesses” he says. “But it can be hard to know where to start. I’m keen to pass on my experience to people thinking about starting up in the digital economy”.
10am to 4 pm, 12 November 2012, Europe House Conference Centre, 32 Smith Square, London SW1P 3EU. The event is free, but you must register in advance. To attend, please send an email to Joanna.Zywotko@ext.ec.europa.eu by 1 November 2012.
For more information visit http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/press/events/2012/121112_internet_week_en.htm
Read related items on:
Communications, IT and new media