The public consultation on the draft City Plan setting out a vision and objectives for the development and growth of Brighton & Hove for the next 20 years starts today. Interested parties [and everyone should be interested] have 8 weeks to comment.
- Identifies broad location for development and allocates strategic sites and employment sites.
- sets clear policies that will guide planning decisions on planning applications
- sets out the infrastructure requirements for the city up to 2030 and indicates how these will be provided.
- indicates how the plan will be implemented and shows how progress will be monitored.
The council is seeking views on the draft Plan before a final version is submitted to the Government next year for independent examination in public.
The draft City Plan and supporting documents, including a quick reference guide , are available:
- To view or download from the council’s consultation portal: http://tinyurl.com/cityplanone
- To view or download from the council’s LDF website: www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/ldf
- To view at: Brighton Customer Service Centre, Bartholomew Square, Brighton; Hove Customer Service Centre, Hove Town Hall; Portslade Customer Service Centre, Victoria Road Portslade Jubilee Library, Brighton; Hove Library, Church Road, Hove and all local libraries.
You can make comments in several ways but the Council is encouraging you to view the full document and send in your comments online. If you would like to do so please use the council’s consultation portal: http://tinyurl.com/cityplanone
Alternatively a response form can be downloaded from the council’s website at www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/ldf or it can be obtained from the council’s Customer Service Centres or you can contact us directly for a response form.
Completed response forms and all other comments must be received by no later than 20 July 2012. Responses received after that date will not be takin into account.
If you have any queries please contact the LDF team at email@example.com or by telephone: 01273 292505.
Read related items on:
Local Development Framework
Brighton & Hove City Council