Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 9 February 2012
|The document comes to fruition|
Council releases details of commissioning workplan for the city.
In his document “A Council the City Deserves” published in January 2010, John Barradell marked his first 100 days as City Council Chief Executive by proposing that the council changed to a strategic commissioning operating model. The first Commissioning Work Plan has now been published.
It has been designed by the council’s Strategic Directors and the Chief Executive. Implementation and performance management of the Plan is the responsibility of the council’s Lead Commissioners Group.
It provides the framework for internal compacts between Lead Commissioners and Heads of Delivery Units for the provision and performance management of council services; it also underpins grant funding and contractual arrangements with external agencies and third party providers.
The commissioning stages outlined in the Commissioning Work Plan relate to progress against specific activities including:
- Scoping: discuss the scope and principles of new commissions with relevant partners and stakeholders; identify groups, issue or place and summarise rationale
- Needs Analysis: gather, analyse and assess needs and outcomes; consult with clients/providers; map services and interventions/current pathways and draft priorities
- Commissioning Strategy: establish priorities and outcomes; develop service design and specification; identify service gaps; consult with clients/providers
- Implementation: specify and award contracts or amend compacts for services through tendering and contract/compact management; work with external providers and delivery units to agree performance compacts; develop the market, build capacity and promote innovation
- Review: manage service provider performance/quality via contract and compact management; review & evaluate service provision against required outcomes; consult with clients and residents to review if needs are being met
Strategic Commissioning Workplan link
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove City Council