Albion in the Community and American Express celebrated the work and achievements of local volunteers and participants in their community partnership at a an awards evening last week.
The inaugural dinner held at the American Express Community Stadium rewarded the individuals and community groups that have been involved in a wide range of social initiatives including business skills classes for local schools, healthy living awareness activities, fun days out for young disabled people and football coaching classes. The programme has directly reached over 1000 members of the public so far and has seen over 350 volunteers involved with the different initiatives.
The prizes were presented by Gus Poyet and Tony Bloom as well as City College Brighton & Hove and American Express category sponsors. The winners were:
- Kieran Green - Disability Achievement Award sponsored by City College, Brighton and Hove
- Ratton School - School’s Masterclass Innovation Award sponsored by American Express Technologies Department
- Ernest Vye and Beth Bryant - Community Health Squad Ambassador Award sponsored by Nuffield Health
- Jordan Fowler - Sports Participation Award for Continual Support and Outstanding Contribution Award sponsored by American Express Healthy Living Team
- Naju Fernandes, FC Canacona, Goa, India - International Personality of the Year sponsored by Brighton and Hove Jobs.com
- Pauline Greenyer - American Express Charitable Person of the Year
- Vicky Stillwell - American Express Community Volunteer of the Year
Alan Sanders, Joint Managing Director, Albion in the Community said, “I’m so pleased that we were able to celebrate the fantastic partnership we have with American Express and what was our inaugural awards ceremony. The link up has involved American Express staff helping us on various projects including disability programmes and initiatives, health projects, and business classes in schools.”
Michael Edwards Senior Vice President of American Express said, “As part of the Albion in the Community and American Express partnership launched this year, we are delighted to celebrate the contributions of those who have taken part in the wide range of social inclusion, health, sport and educational initiatives. These winners symbolise the time and effort both volunteers and beneficiaries have put into local community projects. It was a great pleasure to be able to host them as our guests, and to thank them for their outstanding achievements.”
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club