With her television series a runaway success, City College Brighton & Hove is holding a FREE taster session of the Mary Portas guide to successful retailing
Created by Skillsmart Retail in conjunction with the retail guru and television star Mary Portas, the programme covers every aspect of running a retail business and has been specifically developed for shop owners and managers.
After the taster session, there will be a series of seven master classes delivered exclusively through the National Skills Academy for Retail’s network of retail skill shops. Led by specialist retail trainers, the taster session follows the themes of the full programme inspired by Mary and provides delegates with the opportunity to develop ideas for their own retail businesses.
The taster session aims to introduce shop owners and managers to master class one, My shop, my future. It gives delegates the chance to step outside the constraints of their own business, to work with other like-minded individuals, to explore various retail scenarios.
If you enjoy your taster session, there are seven specialist topics to choose from to help you take your business to the next level.
- My shop, my future: Building, mobilising and maintaining a vision for your business
- Retail finance and business planning: Understanding the key financial factors driving your business
- Buying for your customer: Buying the items that will attract and keep your customers as well as delivering you profit
- Selling and service skills: How to stand out from the crowd and use customer service experience to bring more cash through the tills
- Creating desire; merchandising, display and windows: That wow factor that sets your shop apart from the rest
- Marketing for more customers: How to spread the word about your business without spending the earth
- You and your team: Developing both you and your team to create a forward looking, successful business
The course is on Thursday 3rd March 2011 2pm-4pm at City College Brighton & Hove. To book on this course call the City Business Skills team on 01273 667756 (option 2 Short courses) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read related items on:
Retail, pubs, clubs and restaurants
City College Brighton & Hove