Some of Hove's finest businesses celebrated coming top in a poll in which members of the public were asked to vote on who they thought gave excellent customer service.
Roger French, OBE handed out the prizes and George Street reverberated to cheers and applause as the lucky winners accepted their awards.
Voting slips were available to the public during November from many businesses in Hove, Hove Town Hall and Kings House. Votes also flooded in by telephone and e-mail, making this years event the most successful ever.
The ceremony, which took place on Friday morning (4.12.09) saw awards handed out for:
- Best Lifestyle Shop: Fine Records – George Street
- Best Newcomer: The Book Nook - First Avenue
- Best Specialist Business: Canhams Butchers - Church Road
- Best Café Faigans: George Street
- Best National Retailer: Sally Hair & Beauty, George Street
- Best Shop in Portland Rd: Frinj Hairdressing
- Best Shop in Church Road: The Chip Basket
- Best Shop in Western Road: City Books
- Most Popular Restaurant: Bali Brasserie - First Avenue
- Best Shop in Boundary Road: Ingram & Schofield Opticians
- Best Shop in Richardson Road: Vito’s Delicatessen
- Best Pharmacy: Boot’s - Church Road
- Male Business Personality: Mark Necus – Klodhoppers Blatchington Road
- Female Business Personality: Karen Wells – Pets Holiday Home
The awards have been sponsored by the Hove Business Association and Hove Business Partnership with the generous support of the Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company.
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Business Forum
Hove Business Association