An opportunity for local businesses to be involved in a major careers event at Brighton Racecourse for the young people in Brighton & Hove.
This event is being held at Brighton Racecourse on 3rd and 4th November to cater for all Year 9 and Year 11 students in the city.
The event will have zoned areas that relate to key employment sectors that reflect the local economy:
- Engineering & Transport
- Sport & Leisure
- Science & Technology
- Uniformed services
- Environment & Land based
- Business & Finance
- Travel and Tourism
- Hair and Beauty
- Information Technology
- Third Sector (including Social Enterprise)
- Health & Social Care
- Creative Media & Performing Arts
Each zone will include representatives from the following groups who will help to ensure that young people get a real flavour of the opportunities and progression routes within that sector:
- Local employers and organisations
- Work Based Learning Providers
- Further Education & Higher Education
- Information & Guidance Staff
Young people will have the chance to talk to these representatives about the exciting range of courses, programmes and pathways that are available across the local travel to learn area.
There will also be a zone in the foyer area that will have further information on other pathways such as:
- Gap Years
- UCAS/Applying to University
- Self employment
Each zone will have interactive exhibits or activities and information about local work related opportunities.
Brighton & Hove Education Business Partnership is inviting businesses to participate in this exciting and important event. You can participate by:
- 1. Providing an interactive, practical activity or exhibits that really highlight the nature of your organisation.
- 2. Provide staff to who can talk to young people, teachers, parents and carers about the opportunities that exist within your organisation.
- 3. Support in other ways that you think will provide added value to the event.
For more details contact Gill Ditch on 01273 290482 or email email@example.com
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Education Business Partnership