Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 7 April 2009
New Adult Advancement & Careers Service to be tested in Brighton & Hove
At a time when economic conditions are becoming more difficult, advice to adults on careers and skills needs to be joined up with advice on childcare, employment rights, personal finance, disability and other issues. A radical new scheme will be piloted in Brighton & Hove prior to a national roll-out.
A major event on 23rd April at Brighton Dome & Corn Exchange with key note speakers from the Department of Innovation, Universities and Skills (DIUS), the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership (BHEP) will provide a national overview of the service and the wider Integrated Employment and Skills agenda.
It will also be an opportunity to:
- Find out about major service changes ahead
- Learn about how Jobcentre Plus and the Learning & Skills Council are working in partnership to deliver Integrated Employment & Skills (IES) to support sustainable employment and increased productivity
- Discover how Brighton & Hove is helping to shape the national service
- Find out how a range of partners are working together to be ahead of the game
- Help to shape the local model and influence the national picture
The event is free to attend and will run from 9.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (including a buffet lunch). To register contact Pip Barnes on (01273) 290468 or Email: email@example.com and give him your name, job title, organisation and contact details.
A full programme for the day will be published shortly.
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership
Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills
Department of Work & Pensions