Brighton & Hove City Council proposes to introduce a southbound one-way system in Ship Street between North Street and Duke Street.
The plans also set out to introduce loading bays and/or associated loading restrictions in North Street and parts of Ship Street and Western Road.
The taxi rank in North Street will be removed and a shared taxi rank and loading bay will be introduced in Castle Square.
Flat-topped road humps will be established in King Place and Ship Street, both with a maximum height of 75mm, from the kerblines of North Street, northwards or southwards for a maximum distance of 10 metres.
The alterations are all part of the redevelopment of North Road to enhance pedestrian safety and improve the ambience of the shopping area.
A copy of the proposals may be examined at the City Direct centres situated at Bartholomew House, Bartholomew Square, Brighton,
between 9.00am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday and at
- Hove Town Hall, Norton Road, Hove, 8.45am - 4.30pm
- Brighton Jubilee Library, Jubilee Street
- Monday - Tuesday 10.00am – 7.00pm,
- Wednesday 10.00am - 5.00pm,
- Thursday 10.00am - 8.00pm,
- Friday 10.00am - 5.00pm and Saturday 10.00am - 4.00pm
- Hove Central Library, Church Road,
- Tuesday 9.30am – 7.30pm,
- Wednesday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30pm,
- Saturday 9.30am - 5.00pm, closed Mondays.
Read related items on:
Local Transport Plan
Brighton & Hove City Council