Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 11 July 2008
Notes from the economic strategy consultation event available
Notes from a number of discussions held at the Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership consultation dinner held on 1st July are now available to download.
Participants at the event were presented with a map of the city and surrounding area and challenged to address a variety of spatial and economic issues and to make links between the issues and the spaces on the map. A panel of nine experts roamed the room to assist the groups with technical questions and information.
Key themes emerging from the discussion groups include:
- Transport issues pose huge challenges for businesses and the city
- We need to encourage sustainable travel in the city and Park & Ride must be re-considered
- Despite high levels of qualifications businesses still find it difficult to recruit people with the right level of skills. The city needs to work more closely with schools and universities to deliver the skills required for the jobs available in Brighton & Hove
- We need to deliver more affordable housing which meets the needs of families as well as the younger population
- Brighton & Hove has a strong sense of place which should be built upon
- The Digital Media sector has the potential to create large numbers of high value jobs if the city can meet the needs of Digital media companies
A full copy of notes taken at the event can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. Please note that the notes do not necessarily represent the views of the Economic Partnership but rather are a record of the table discussions on the night.
Feedback from the event will feed into the development of the Brighton & Hove Economic Strategy. A draft version will be available for comment on this website by the end of July.
Click here to download
Read related items on:
Park & Ride
Learning & Skills
Brighton & Hove Economic Partnership