Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 8 July 2007
|Can we do better than this?|
What does the ideal bus stop look like?
Designs to improve 17 city bus stops will be displayed at a public exhibition in Hove Town Hall on Monday 9 July. If you want to influence the design in any way make sure you get engaged in the consultation.
The new stops have been devised to make getting on and off the bus easier, with kerbs that run at the same height as the bus floor to give level access. Comments from a public meeting held in June have fed into the final proposals.
Detailed designs can be viewed at Hove Town Hall from 11am-2pm or 6pm-8pm.
New plans for the following stops will be on display on 9 July:
- Sea Life Centre (Marine Parade, westbound)
- Kemp Town Shops
- Shirley Drive (Woodruff Avenue)
- Highlands Road (Foredown Drive)
- Sussex Square (Eastern Road, westbound)
- Carden Hill Shops (junction Cuckmere Way)
- Carden Hill (Carden Ave, northbound)
- Shipley Road (Crescent Drive South)
- Chrisdory Road (Mile Oak Road)
- Hikers' Rest (Coldean Lane)
Improving bus stops is part of Brighton & Hove City Council's ongoing commitment to improve access to bus services throughout the city. Please come and make your views known. For more information contact the council on 292480.
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove City Council