Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 18 May 2007
King Alfred decision confirmed by Ruth Kelly
Brighton & Hove City Council has been told by government officials that they will not be ‘calling in’ the King Alfred application.
This confirms the decision by the city council’s planning committee on March 23 to grant planning permission
The Government Office for the South East had been considering whether to call in the application since April 3, when they received information requested from the council on the various representations for and against the scheme.
GOSE has told the council that the Secretary of State’s view was that intervention would not be justified as there was not sufficient conflict with national policies, or any other sufficient reason to warrant calling in the application.
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove City Council
Government Office for the South East