Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 27 October 2006
New Board for the Brighton Music Network
A newly appointed Board for the Brighton Music Network, representing a variety of business skills and industry sectors, was announced at a members’ meeting in Brighton this week.
The meeting was held at live music venue The Hope in Queens Road on Wednesday 25 October, and Chief Executive Lisa Holloway was pleased to announce the new Board following a rigorous interview process for a number of impressive applicants.
Phil Nelson remains as Chair of BMN, and the new board members are as follows:
- Thurstan Crockett: Head of Sustainability & Environmental Policy, Brighton & Hove City Council.
- Mark Flannery: MD, Panic Room Productions; Head of Songwriting, Brighton Institute of Modern Music.
- Jayne Houghton: Partner, Excess Press - PR and event management consultancy.
- Lisa Maisey: MD, Lout Promotions, Lout Events Ltd; Director, Brighton Live.
- Dean Marsh: Dean Marsh & Co. Solicitors; MD, Independent Label Scheme.
- Allan McGowan: Consultant: ILMC, Wintrup Songs, vip-booking.com
- Joe Pidgeon: MD, Contenda – Brand development and product launch consultancy
Lisa Holloway said “Phil Nelson and I are really pleased to have a highly experienced and diverse Board in place now for Brighton Music Network. This is a very exciting time for us, and I’m looking forward to working with the new team to put together a strategy that helps clarify and concretise what we stand for and what we want to do.”
BMN is a Not for Profit organisation which assists the development of the music industry infrastructure in the South East, with the help and guidance of a coalition of independent music companies. It aims to help existing businesses expand their national and international markets, works with schools and colleges to develop young talent, and delivers workshops and seminars at live music events. Visit website www.brightonmusic.net or contact Lisa Holloway to find out more about BMN. E-mail email@example.com
Read related items on:
Professional and trade associations
Brighton Music Network