Bullet points of the meeting minutes are given below. For a full copy of the minutes please contact: Lisa Holloway by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding News SEEDA (South East England Development Agency) have signed a contract to provide funding to cover the period April 05 to March 06. This contract will be coordinated by Michael Wells from Sussex Enterprise and will facilitate the following goals
- BMN website
- Online Directory
- Links with educational establishments
- Become a not-for-profit organisation/investigate becoming a Social Enterprise
- Represent the music industry across the whole of the South East.
Brighton Live update A weeklong showcase event from Monday 3rd to Sunday 9th October comprising: · 300 bands · 5 free seminars (Seminars to be held at Joogleberry Playhouse, 5 - 6.15 pm, 3rd to 7th October inclusive) Live at Lunch This is a new strand, and will be held at the Chapel Royal in North Street (opposite the old Hannington’s premises). This year the events will be more culturally diverse and 6 gigs have been put together to represent various music communities. They will take the form of free lunchtime events, and are similar to the Brighton Festival lunchtime concerts, but will take place over the course of Brighton Live.
- There will also be events between 1-2 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays on the concourse at Brighton Station. Over 100 events are planned for 19 venues, and the programme will be available at the launch on the 28th Sept.
General update (Phil Nelson) - In the future the BMN plans to expand across the Arts Council South East Region, taking in East and West Sussex, Kent, Oxford and Nottingham. Members are asked to send details of contacts for the Directory by e-mail to Lisa Holloway (email@example.com).
The Great Escape (Martin Elbourne) - This will include at least 3 nights of events with 10 venues, in May 2006. The artists will be export-ready bands and the events will have a conference attached to it, like Eurosonic. It will be launched in London on 18th or 19th October 2005.
Any other Business
- Events: As part of the funding contract with SEEDA, BMN are expected to deliver two fundraising events before the end of March 2006. Members are asked to come up with some new ideas, which need to be realistic and financially viable with the money raised going to the BMN.
- Communication: Danny invited members to contact him for details of a Music Foundation Course at e-mail: Danny@harmonyculture.com
- A new e-mail address is planned: Directory@brightonmusic.net for BMN.
- Members are asked to check their directory entry for accuracy.
Date of the next Meeting - 28 September 2005 at 6.30pm, Polar Central.
For further information about BMN and the online directory visit www.brightonmusic.net
Read related items on:
Professional and trade associations
Brighton Music Network