Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
News - 26 August 2005
Minutes of the Brighton & Hove Seafront Business Association meeting - Monday 22 August 2005
Bullet points of the meeting minutes are given below. For a full copy of the minutes please contact: Adam Chinery (Vice-chair) on 01273 323160.
Operation Otter - An overview was given of the impact on the city centre before and during the week of the Labour Party Conference 25-29 September.
- The Island Site will encompass the Hotel Metropole, the Grand, and the Brighton Centre
- This year the aim is to build the bridge structure to Cannon Place overnight to minimise disruption
- Adam Bates, Head of Tourism, met local media to emphasise that the city will be open for business as usual
- Julian Deans, Sussex Police, asked that any suspicions be reported by e-mail to email@example.com or to his colleague firstname.lastname@example.org
24 Hour Licensing
- Several of the seafront traders have applied for a new licence
- Increased cost of staffing levels may make longer opening hours unworkable
- Objections can be made to the council by 7 September
Members Day - A tourism event organised by VisitBrighton
- Three sessions will be held on Wednesday 7 September
- Venue: the Jubilee Library.
- Contact Debbie Matthews at VisitBrighton, telephone: 01273 292621 or e-mail: Debbie.email@example.com
- The pavement camber caused water to run off the side and down onto the Kings Road Arches
- Seafront Office are looking into funding for guttering replacement and maintenance
West Street Subway
- BHSTA are asking for the views of traders in the vicinity of the subway
- Most traders want the subway open, but this may well attract the use of drug dealers again
Pier to Pier
- This organisation provides wireless internet access to Brighton beach
- Businesses pay for the hardware - installation is free
- The organisation relies on sponsorship and donations
- Tom from Pier to Pier invited traders to contact him about this facility on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 07949 164 286. See www.piertopier.net
Contact Adam Chinery for further information about the Seafront Traders Association.
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Seafront Traders Association