Brighton & Hove City Council is leading a new project to provide increased employment opportunities to people living in the West Hove and Portslade area.
The aim of the project is to encourage people to think about work, and provide the advice and support they require on their route into employment. Local residents can find out more at the Want to Work events: ·
- 8 June between 10am to 2pm @ Hangleton & Knoll Community Centre, Harmsworth Crescent, Hove
- · 17 June between 10am to 2pm @ St Andrews Community Centre, Church Road, Portslade
The project involves linking with a range of organisations who offer advice, guidance, training and help with job seaches.
Agencies attending the Want to Work events include:
- · Breakaway Supported Employment Services
- · Brighton & Hove City Council's Children's Information Service · Care Co-ops Community Services
- · Lens Rehabilitation Centre ·
- Portslade Job Centre
- · Scope Job Broker Service
- · Tomorrows People
- · Working Links
Deputy Leader of the council and Ward Councillor for South Portslade, Sue John comments 'This is a really positive opportunity for people living in West Hove and Portslade. The project will provide support and assistance to people who live in this area and want to find employment. The Want to Work events are an ideal way of finding out what is available'.
For further information please call 295961 or visit www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/wanttowork
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove City Council