Brighton & Hove Business Forum
8-11 Pavilion Buildings, Brighton, BN1 1EE
Tel: 01273 735442
© Brighton & Hove
Cybersecurity - protect your business
Date: 11 July 2013 - Time: 09.30-12.30
How safe are you from cyber -attack? Most think they are and yet It seems that every day there is a new and alarming story about hacking and security breaches, everything from major corporations like Sony and the BBC to individuals who have had their accounts hacked. For a business this can be catastrophic both financially and for client confidence.
By the end of the training you will have: •
- Information you can use straight away to protect your business •
- A strategy for identifying risk and health checking your business •
- A fascinating insight into the world of hacking and cyber security hazards •
- Increased awareness of potential risks and how to manage this risk.
What does the course cover?
- Overview of current issues and hot topics in cybersecurity including •
- How to use Cloud and mobile devices safely •
- Website security •
- Website encryption Disaster management •
- Disaster Recovery Planning (DRP) •
- Data Leakage Protection (DLP) •
- How to carry out a risk assessment Practical tips and advice •
- How to find and implement solutions •
- Disposal of old PCs •
- Understanding the hackers’ motives, and why they want to target your company.
Venue: Huxley, Room 406,|
Lewes Road, University of Brighton, Brighton
Cost: £110 (£60 with training voucher)
Contact: Barbara Gretton
Telephone: 01273 642204
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Read related items on:
University of Brighton