We’re all overwhelmed with ‘too much to do’ in too little time and a constant sense of information overload. Most ‘time management’ courses focus on trying to manage time, but time isn’t usually the problem (and indeed it can’t be ‘managed’) – it’s about your choices, actions, attention and energy.
Workflow– the art of dealing effectively with the sheer volume of commitments and potential commitments that enter our lives – is what we all need to focus on.
At this workshop, Russell Caird from Think Productive will give you tips and tricks to implement a simple, foolproof system to organise and define your work. You’ll learn about how to deal with interruptions, paperwork, creative ideas, information and unmanaged com¬mitments and how to define, organise and prioritise the important actions.
Most importantly of all, you’ll learn how to reduce stress by eliminating those nagging feelings of doubt, guilt and ‘overload panic’ and replace them with a playful, purposeful and productive momentum.
You’ll learn about:
• Overcoming ‘information overload’ and stress
• Practical principles to deal with the five key phases of workflow
• Working out where your current workflow strengths and weaknesses lie
• Key productivity theories that work
• Practical tools to manage and reduce interruptions
• The power of batch-processing and context-based thinking
• The 80-20 principle and two-minute rule to increase your productivity
For more information about Think Productive visit their website www.thinkproductive.co.uk.
Our partner organisation for this session is the University of Brighton’s Profitnet programme. Please note that Profitnet members should call 01273 719097 to book a place at the member rate of £50.
Venue: The Lighthouse|
Kensington Street, Brighton
Cost: £50 members, £80 non-members
Contact: Alice Reeves
Telephone: 01273 719097
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce