With local Council elections due to take place in May, we’re inviting you to join us and prospective Councillors from the Conservative, Labour, Liberal Democrats and Green parties to debate and discuss Brighton’s big business issues.
We’ll be asking representatives from each party a few questions in advance to kick start the evening, including:
• How do you plan to enable businesses to move around the City better?
• How would you create more and better paid jobs in Brighton & Hove?
• How do you plan to encourage development and creation of business space in the City?
• How would you help local businesses to protect the environment?
• How do plan to support Brighton & Hove’s developing sectors – tourism, retail, creative and digital?
...then we’ll be opening up the debate to the floor, giving you the chance to get involved. So come prepared!
This is your chance to hear key people give their opinions – and maybe influence them with your own – in an evening of lively, entertaining and enlightening questioning and debate.
This event is part of the Chamber’s series of Big Debates in 2011. They aim to be friendly and interactive discussions where you can vote with your feet as well as your voice, then stay on to get involved in some informal networking and make valuable contacts.
And don’t forget, by letting your Chamber of Commerce know what you think, you’re helping it to represent you better as the voice of business in Brighton & Hove.
Book online: www.businessinbrighton.org.uk/event/the-big-debate-hustings
Venue: City College Brighton & Hove|
Pelham Street, Brighton
Cost: FREE to members and non-members, but places are limited so booking is essential
Contact: Alice Reeves
Telephone: 01273 719097
Read related items on:
Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce
City College Brighton & Hove