This workshop will bring together Sussex-based food and drink suppliers with local buyers interested in sourcing new and unique products for customers. We’ll provide practical examples of what local buyers want from their suppliers in order to create successful partnerships.
Getting your food and drink products into Brighton and Hove’s local cafes, restaurants, hotels and supermarkets can be a time consuming business. That’s why it’s important to have the right approach to increase your chances of success. This event provides the opportunity to learn from the experiences of local restaurants, hotels, distributors and food organisations.
We’ll also be providing buyers with the opportunity to meet local suppliers showcasing their products.
Suppliers will include a selection of fruit and veg, bread, dairy, meat, dry goods, desserts and alcohol products. Buyers will be from a range of sectors.
* We are currently looking for producers and suppliers to exhibit at the event. There will be no cost associated with this. Please register your interest with Jennie Burraway ASAP on 01273 719097 or email: email@example.com
Buyers and Suppliers will learn more about
• Local food and drink trends
• Why it’s best to buy local
• The marketing advantages of sourcing local food
• How to work with restaurants, hotels and retail outlets
• Local business support and food organisations
This informal and friendly workshop is a unique opportunity to learn, share and make new supplier and new buyer contacts and get valuable insight from a panel of experts.
Who should attend?
Whether you’re an experienced food and drink supplier or buyer, or this is your first foray into the industry the Eat & Drink workshop is for you
• Erik Millstone, Author of World Food Atlas & Professor of Science Policy at Sussex University
• Hillary Knight, Taste of Sussex
• Jackie Ellis, Sussex Tourism Partnership
• Nick Head, Ambassador Hotel
• Hotel Du Vin Restaurant & Bistro
• Olivia Reed & Dino, Terre a Terre
• Nicky Rohl, Moshi Moshi
• Steve Pears, Southover Foods
• Plus more TBC
The event will be hosted by Paula Seagar of Natural PR
This event is supported by: Taste Of Sussex, Sussex Tourism Partnership, Brighton & Hove Food Partnership, Harvest Brighton, Brighton & Hove Food & Drink Festival & Visit Brighton
Book online: http://www.businessinbrighton.org.uk/event/eat-drink-introducing-our-local-buyers-suppliers-and-producers or call Jennie on 01273 719097
Venue: Sussex County Cricket Ground|
Cost: FREE but places limited so advance booking essential
Contact: Jennie Burraway
Telephone: 01273 719097
Read related items on:
Ride the Wave
Brighton & Hove Chamber of Commerce
Brighton & Hove City Council